What we can do for you.
Philanthropy & Charitable Giving, Will Writing. Using a partnership approach, we can meet all of your financial needs.
- Vital in Inheritance Tax (IHT) planning
- Must be well written and planned correctly
- Can help your heirs plan for IHT appropriately
- Ensure your assets go where you want them to
- Regularly review your Will to ensure it is still going to hold good today
- Access to a number of legal service providers
Whilst we cannot write wills on your behalf or offer power of attorney, we highly recommend these areas are taken care of to allow for a smooth partnership with your lawyers, which will ensure your estates are administered properly and we are able to offer guidance on how to ensure everything passes in line with your wishes.
Will writing and advice in relation to Powers of Attorney involves the referral to a service that is separate and distinct to those offered by St. James’s Place. Wills and Powers of Attorney are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Philanthropy & Charitable Giving
- Tailored advisory service through the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF)
- Understand how you can most effectively and efficiently support the causes and communities that you believe in
- Honest, transparent advice
- Dedicated experts providing honest, transparent advice
- Access to the CAF account and trust arrangements for charity’s giving for UK-resident clients
- Can facilitate tax-efficient giving for US citizens through the American Donor Fund
- Rewarding gifting experience
- Translate ideas into tangible results
This service is via a referral and is separate to those offered by St. James’s Place.
The St. James’s Place Charitable Foundation is SJP’s philanthropic arm. The foundation has been supporting those in need since 1992, making a positive and lasting difference to people’s lives by awarding grants to charities registered in the UK to assist them in the incredible work they do every day.
At SWS, we also have a personal connection with Children’s First in Edinburgh. Through our corporate partnership, we help support this great charity through fundraising and can offer advice to our clients who wish to undertake similar support work.
* Links from this website exist for information only and we accept no responsibility or liability for the information contained on any such sites. The existence of a link to another website does not imply or express endorsement of its provider, products or services by St. James’s Place. Please note that clicking a link will open the external website in a new window or tab.